Episode 20 - Jack of All Trades - Brad Jansen
June 21, 2023
I had the pleasure of sitting down recently with Journeyman Smith and tradesman Brad Jansen, to learn about his endeavors within the American Bladesmith Society, his work in slipjoints, and tooling creation.
- Brad tells us a little of his career, start in the trades, and interest in hunting, fishing and knives
- He also talks about getting into the ABS, and the journey to JS
- We talk about some of the specifics of how to get to JS in the ABS and the work required for certification
- We also talk about slipjoints, and the challenges and passion with making them
- We talk peening anvils, cutler's stiddys and tooling that Brad makes
- We also talk about the passion and motivation of making knives, traditional knives, and more!
You can find Brad and his extraordinary work on Instagram
Aaron Lawvere: Website, Instagram